Monday, March 30, 2009

Tokyo Apartment :: Shit a Rainbow

DSC_1842

LAME!

Ok, first and foremost, I'm not sure why I thought this photo would even qualify as "keepable," but I guess I did and it's the only photo I took so... I guess it's my photo for the day.

Move-In

Kaori helped me move in to my apartment today, which entailed picking up my key in Shinjuku, doing paperwork, then lugging my luggage to Futako-Tamagawa. The website said my apartment was a 15 min walk from the station. It took us 25 minutes. The whole ordeal capped at around 4 hours, I think.

Nik :: Shit a Rainbow

In the evening, Kaori and I met with Nik and Miki for drinks. I know Nik from ISU, but this was a first encounter with Miki.

Nik and I split a bottle of Shouchu, which is about 50 proof. I think Nik was pretty drunk by the end of the night, but I barely copped a buzz. Damn Irish genetics.

Nik ordered some food, which was good cuz I hadn't eaten in forever. He ordered squid and cow intestine (cooked and seasoned). These were OK, but not really what I had in mind. Kaori ordered some "nankotsu," which is basically deep fried cartilage. Nankotsu is really really tasty, but since the entirety of my meal consisted of intestine, cartilage, and squid, I had a feeling I would be shitting a rainbow tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment