Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tokyo Arrival

DSC_1840

Surreality

After about 11 hours on a plane, I awoke from another nap of unknown length. My breath stunk of scotch, vodka, and sleep. The bad taste in my mouth was distracting, but not a priority. My priority was ending the pain in my elbow. I had to kill that little demon... maybe I can poison it with Oxycontin... success!

Time was mocking me. My first "nap" lasted over 4 hours, but only felt like a few minutes. Subsequent naps felt long but only lasted an hour at most. How long have I been on this plane? 8 hours? 5 hours? 12 hours?!

Arrival

Hmmm. I don't feel different... but something has definitely changed.
Wait... why can't I understand anyone...

Yuri & Kaori

After another 2 hours of trains and waiting for trains, I met with Yuri at Shinagawa station. From there, we immediately started drinking (and eating). An hour point five later, Kaori arrived and we had a lovely reunion. Around midnight Kaori and I parted ways from Yuri and made our way back to Kaori's, an arduous hour of crowded trains and lugging luggage.
More to come, over and out.


PS: I'm finally getting my act together; I won't neglect the blog like I did in February and March ever again. I'm sorry baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment