Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Kodama Presentation

Sachiko Kodama Presentation

Daytime: I presented on Sachiko Kodama to my Japanese art history class. Kodama uses ferrofluid to make interactive sculptures that flow and evolve in real time. It's simple, yet mesmerizing. I've included a video of her work.

I also did my research paper on her. I explored her connections with several art movements and a specific artist from those movements. The movements are: Monoha, German Expressionism, Digital Imaging, and Interactive Art. The artists are: Takamasa Kuniyasu, F.W. Murnau, Yoichiro Kawaguchi, and Victoria Vesna. Maybe I'll do a post on her later.

Evening: I spent a long time wading through CSS trying to get the blog formatted aesthetically. During this, I conversed via text message about some tasty mitten treats. Now my eyes hurt and I didn't do the laundry I promised myself I would do. Mainly because laundry costs $1.75 in quarters; I only have 3 quarters.

Goodnight,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment