Friday, December 26, 2008

Burrito's at 2AM

DSC_0034

Day

I woke up at 3pm. Spent the day in the house playing video games - cozy, sheltered.

Night

Then, Grant shattered my perfect little world by inviting me to Dunn Bros, where he and Dana were enjoying a cup of coffee. It was great to see Dana again, I hadn't seen her in ages. Soon a loose plan for the night emerged - drinking.

After picking up Tron, buying booze, and driving to Dana's in uptown, we drank... and we ate. We scarfed through two Galaxy pizzas, but I'm insatiable, so Grant and I walked to a gas station at maybe 2am-ish.

Although it was freezing, the streets were alive. The gas station was like a mecca for wasted people. It was like a fucking circus freakshow. Some random guy started a conversation with me by standing beside me and saying "SHIT! Now what the fuck did she want? I know she wanted chips, but what was the other thing? Shit!" He surprised me. I wasn't sure how to respond, aside from "Uh, who? I'm not sure..." Then he talked for about 5 minutes about how women like snacks and how he can never remember "things." I was pretty much silent.

I bought hard boiled eggs and a burrito dubbed "The Bomb." Disgusting? I enjoyed both, but everyone else looked disturbed by my choice of food.

In fact, Grant was so upset and sure I would vomit that he felt it necessary to take a photo of me eating the burrito so he could say something along the lines of "I told you so" the next morning.

DSCN2405 DSCN2404

At some point during the night, Grant showed me the following video on Slabup.com's post. It's beautiful. Thank you Grant. Thank you Slabup.com. Thank you Eduardo Wydler.


No comments:

Post a Comment